Monday, March 05, 2007

Drama, anxiety and health

*Warning* This is a whiny post. I just need to vent about the events of the past several days.

My health is definitely linked to my emotional state. I've been really anxious and nervous lately. A lot of things are going on related to my work (currently on a contract-to-hire, but another better offer came along. Long story short, the current employer told me it would be somewhere around 5 years before I get a promotion after I'm brought on full time. They made my decision to leave very easy!), and I've been so ridiculously stressed out. At least now I have an idea of what to expect and what's going on. Looks like I'll be starting the new job on April 2.

Unfortunately, when I'm stressed, I get physically ill. My mental health is directly related to my physical health. My back and neck are really tight, and my joints don't want to move. My appetite is all over the place--ravenous at times and non-existent at others.

So, now that the job situation is winding down somewhat (I still have to make sure that my current contract is not terminated before I'm ready to start the new position), I hope that the physical symptoms of my stress recede. Being able to walk more easily would be nice.

Anyway, I have my 3rd Remicade treatment tomorrow afternoon. I really hope the third time is the charm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good morning
im ebtsam from jordan im a student in the al al bayt uneversity im studing in the english department i wish to accept me in your group