Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Catching Up

Last week was one of the worst ones yet pain-wise. Throw in on top of that all of the work-related stress, and it was a crazy week. On the plus side, I was able to get a disabled parking permit (a much easier process than I expected). I've used it a couple of times, and it has really made a difference. I actually went to the mall to pick up some make-up at Nordstrom instead of sending hubby to do it. I am planning on going to the grocery store/Wal-Mart all by myself tomorrow. Having that placard really made me realize just how much I wasn't doing because I didn't want to walk too much or wear myself out.

I had some job interviews out of town, and both went well. I got a few strange looks hobbling up the stairs at the office of one company. Maybe the other job falling through will work out for the best. Looks like I'll be getting at least one job offer in the next few days, maybe two offers. If either of them comes through, it means I can get out of this state and hopefully find a nice one-story house down South. No more stairs! No more long, cold (at least to me) winters.

Now, if only my rheumatologist will call me back. I'm hoping that something can be done for my hip, even if that means surgery. And, if I do need surgery, that I can get it done before I move and have a new job and new house and new stuff going on.

Phew.

No comments: