Thursday, February 22, 2007

The good and the bad.

The Good:
The majority of my joints are doing better. This took some assessment since when one joint really hurts, it's easy to think that the new meds aren't working at all.

The Bad:
My right hip is still hurting, a lot. It feels like someone bludgeoned the joint and chipped off parts of the bone and is now sticking knives into it. I can handle pain, but the grinding sensation combined with the frequent popping is getting unbearable. I don't know if this is arthritis related or something else.

I went to the gym for the first time in about 1.5 months yesterday (my rheumatologist has been getting onto me for not going, especially since my weight loss stalled at 135 lbs). I felt pretty good just doing the elliptical trainer at a low intensity and speed. As soon as I got off the thing though, the pain came back much worse than it has been. ::kicks self::

Now, to find some form of cardio exercise that doesn't involve hips.
Ruled out: bike, elliptical, arc trainer, treadmill, stair climber.

I keep trying to find a personal trainer with experience working with PWDs, but I'm not having any luck. So, if anyone knows of resources, please let me know.

No comments: