Thursday, November 02, 2006

New jobs, stress and fatigue

I finally started a new job a few weeks ago (16 Oct, to be exact). It really sounds like my dream job-- IT Security Consulting for a large company with several subsidiary companies. All the benefits (and things I liked) of consulting without the road warrior aspect that I hated so much at Accenture.

Things are off to a slow start, but they're definitely getting better. I now have 5 projects that I'm working on. Most require a lot of working with different organizations to make sure they know what's going on and coordinating everyone's efforts together. The rest is research into security vulnerabilities in new systems and changes to old systems. So, my job now is meetings and Googling. My Google-fu should get stronger.

My first 2 weeks were pretty stressful. It has taken its toll on me. This week alone, I've fallen asleep around 8:30-9:00 p.m. several nights. I really need to find a way to relax and keep my body from revolting.

No comments: