Monday, November 20, 2006

Germs be gone!

For those of us with compromised immune systems for whatever reasons, in my case a lovely combination of the immunosuppressant drugs methotrexate and Enbrel, keeping those nasty office germs away is pretty important. I've been a big fan of waterless hand sanitizers, except for the dryness they tend to cause. This weekend, I discovered Purell with Aloe.

So far, it's great. I can be almost as obsessive compulsive about washing my hands as I want without worrying about how dry my hands will end up at the end of the day. Of course, it still has a high alcohol content, so it will dry out the hands, but the aloe seems to counteract this nicely. Added bonus: it smells much better than original Purell. Surfing the Purell website, I also found that they make a hand sanitizing moisturizer. Next time I'm at the store, I'm going to have to track it down.

And for anyone who hasn't done so yet: GO GET YOUR FLU SHOT!

No comments: