Thursday, May 31, 2007

And I'm back

I have officially moved back to the South. This has involved:

  • Putting the house up in Maryland on the market (it's under contract-yay!)

  • Moving--more appropriately, supervising movers pack/load/unload

  • Driving long distances, parts of which include going through DC (Sometimes you just cannot escape DC traffic, even on a Saturday morning)

  • Transporting two dogs, by car, for over 12 hours

  • Flaring up as the Remicade wears off

  • Living in a ~1000 sq. ft. apartment until the house is sold and we find a new house.


So yeah, it's been a little busy. I started my new job doing security stuff for a financial institution. I don't really know exactly what I'm going to be doing, but it should be interesting. My current tasks involve planning the automation of some menial tasks--looks like programming is in my future.

I was able to get in to see a rheumatologist next week. I'm a little apprehensive about the only doctor in town who was willing to see me in less than 6 months, but I won't complain. He's board certified in rheumatology and pain management, so maybe he'll be willing to give me some pain medicine for those really rough days. No matter, I get Remicade next week, and that's the important part.

No comments: